This quinoa black bean salad is a perfect summer lunch or dinner, featuring cumin-spiced black beans and a fresh peach salsa.
This quinoa black bean salad bowl has a little bit of something for everyone! It’s savory, a little spicy, and tangy sweet all at once. The savory black beans are the perfect compliment to a fresh peach salsa made of juice ripe peaches, lime and cilantro. Oh and it’s healthy too! Keep reading for our quinoa black bean salad recipe and a little more about how to cook quinoa…perfectly.
When we first wrote this post in 2011, quinoa was just coming onto the scene. Now, quinoa is everywhere! And for good reason. It’s chock full of health benefits: compared with other whole grains, it’s higher in protein, calcium, vitamin B, and iron. It’s naturally gluten free, which makes it easy to digest. It’s quick to cook (about 25 minutes total). And, it’s incredibly delicious! While some people complain about the bitter taste of quinoa, cooked properly it can be very tasty. And here are our top 10 Delicious Quinoa Recipes to prove it.
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 recipe Fresh Peach Salsa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 4 green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cook the quinoa (or use our Instant Pot quinoa method): Place the quinoa in a saucepan with 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to very low. Cover the pot, and simmer where the water is just bubbling for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the water has been completely absorbed. (Check by pulling back the quinoa with a fork to see if water remains.) Turn off the heat and let sit covered to steam for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and add salt to taste. Cover and leave warm in the pan until serving.
- While the quinoa cooks, make the peach salsa.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Thinly slice the green onion. In a bowl, stir together beans and onions with the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Taste, then add more seasonings if desired.
- To serve, dish the quinoa into bowls, then top with the black bean mixture and peach salsa.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/black-bean-and-quinoa-bowl-with-peach-salsa/