This pearl couscous and lentil salad is a delightful mix of textures, featuring tomatoes, mint, lemon, and a sprinkle of salty feta.
And while it might look unassuming, the flavor combination in this pearl couscous and lentil salad perfectly fresh and delicious. It’s simple, but with a bit of complexity from the mint and zesty lemon. The salty feta was a great compliment to the Mediterranean flavors. So whether you are a one-bowl proponent or not, this is a wonderful summer salad to add to the repertoire!
To make this salad, you’ll boil up the pearl couscous and lentils in separate pots. The lentils take about 20 minutes to boil, whereas the couscous only takes 8 minutes (remember, it’s pasta!). Then chop up all the veggies, which you’ll use raw: tomatoes, green onions, mint and lemon. Then, throw it all together with some red wine vinegar, olive oil, and mustard.
- 1 1/3 cup French lentils
- 1 cup pearl couscous (whole wheat if possible; also called Israeli couscous)
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 6 green onions
- 1/3 cup fresh mint (thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Feta cheese crumbles, to serve
- Add the lentils and 4 cups water to a saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer with the top tilted for about 20 minutes until the desired tenderness is reached. Drain, rinse under cool water, and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cup water to a boil. Add the pearl couscous; cover and simmer for about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse under cool water, and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite-sized chunks. Slice the green onions. Thinly slice (chiffonade) the mint. Zest the lemon.
- Combine couscous, lentils, tomatoes, green onions, mint, and lemon zest with the red wine vinegar, olive oil, stone ground mustard, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir to combine. Serve garnished with crumbled feta cheese.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/lentils-and-pearl-couscous-with-mint/