This delicious tomato lime Indian soup recipe is a tangy and creamy soup flavored with onion, garlic, cardamom and cumin.
This soup is not so much Indian but Indian-spiced. Sauteed tomatoes, onion and garlic are blended with yogurt and lime to make a creamy soup spiced with cardamom and cumin. The flavor is surprisingly tangy and unexpectedly satisfying. We served it with homemade almond cashew crackers, which made for a hearty, protein-packed meal.
Perhaps you’re in a place of stress or little time. Know that it is worth it. One simple meal might seem like nothing, but starting a habit of choosing nourishing foods can have a lasting effect on your health. Start small, and you might be surprised at where it takes you! Serve this Indian soup recipe with salad, bread, or crackers.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Roasted salted pepitas, for garnish
- Chop the onion and finely mince the garlic.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the cardamom, cumin, and cayenne, and stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the onion, garlic, and kosher salt and cook about 5 minutes until the onion is softened. Stir frequently to prevent the spices from sticking to the pan (if it seems too dry, add a bit more olive oil).
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup cool for a few minutes. Then add the yogurt and lime juice. With an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pan until smooth (or transfer to a blender and blend).
- Serve immediately slightly warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled. Stores for several days in the refrigerator. If desired, top with chopped fresh cilantro and roasted salted pepitas.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/simple-indian-spiced-tomato-soup-lime/