Salad pizza is the new thing, and rightfully so: salad is a refreshing topping for a cheesy pizza! And pizza with ranch? It’s an instant winner.
Salad pizza? That’s right. The hottest thing is no longer eating a salad with your pizza but on your pizza. Oh, and that’s pizza with ranch, too. This recipe’s an all around winner! It’s by our dear friend Molly Yeh, fellow Midwesterner, rockstar food blogger and cookbook author, and overall great human. She’s just released a Short Stack called Yogurt, which delights us to no end because, well, we love Molly and we love yogurt. Keep reading for the salad pizza with ranch recipe.
What’s a Short Stack? Short Stack is a series of small-format cookbooks authored by America’s top culinary talents. Each edition is a collectible, single-subject booklet packed with recipes that offer ingenious new ways to cook our favorite ingredients. The design is spot-on and we’ve seen them in book stores and gift shops. Each subject is written by a different author, and it’s the perfect little gift for someone who loves to cook!
If you don’t know Molly, she’s the powerhouse behind My Name is Yeh and the book Molly on the Range. We love her fun and quirky recipes and that special life-force energy she brings wherever she goes. Life is just more fun when Molly’s around! She’s got a thing for 80’s inspired foods, sprinkles, and, turns out, yogurt. We were excited to hear that we could have more Molly on our shelf–and so was Larson! He’s actually very into the hot pink paper of this book and loves to read it. (He’s pretty into Molly too, honestly.)
For the dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the yogurt ranch:
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley or dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad pizza:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 canned red pepper or fresh red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shredded cheese, combination of mozzarella and Parmesan
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces mixed greens
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt and sugar. Stir in 3/4 cup of water and the oil until the ingredients are combined. Once the dough is formed, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, adding flour if it gets too sticky. Form the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 475F. In a medium bowl, mix together all the yogurt ranch ingredients (it may taste quite salty, but the saltiness will be diluted once the yogurt ranch is tossed with the greens!). Set aside.
- To assemble the pizza, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the sheet, and roll the dough out until it’s very thin and reaches the rim of the pan. Crimp the edges to make a crust. Brush the crust with a thin coating of oil, then top with the cheese, veggies and red pepper flakes and bake until the cheese is splotchy with brown marks and the crust is golden (begin checking for doneness at 1 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, toss the greens and cilantro with the yogurt ranch. Right before you serve the pizza, cut it into slices (doing this before adding the salad will make cutting it much easier), then distribute the salad over the top. Enjoy!
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/yogurt-ranch-salad-pizza/