The secret to this creamy vegan tomato soup recipe is fire-roasted tomatoes and cashews. It’s fast and easy, and star toasts make it a hit with kids.
Sometimes life needs a little spicing up to make familiar things new again, and it’s funny what even the simplest things can do. Moving a piece of furniture can make a whole new room. Taking a new way to work, trying a new restaurant, or exploring a new neighborhood can add a new dimension to a familiar city. Even just adding a new recipe or two to the rotation can make the weekday grind more fun. This vegan tomato soup recipe is a new favorite of ours: especially spicing it up with these star toasts! Keep reading for the vegan tomato soup recipe and a bit more about keeping recipes interesting.
And while we’re hoping the star toasts go over well with the littles, there’s more to this vegan tomato soup recipe than just fancy toast. First of all, this creamy vegan tomato soup recipe is made silky smooth by blending in cashews instead of the typical cream. And though it’s simple to put together, it’s got a robust, bright flavor.
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 28-ounce can Muir Glen fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices bread
- Chives, for garnish
- Chop 1 onion. Mince 4 cloves garlic. Chop ½ cup basil leaves.
- In a medium pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; sauté 1 minute until fragrant. Add white wine vinegar and cook until evaporated.
- Add basil, cashews, canned tomatoes and their liquid, broth, kosher salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. When done, use an immersion blender to puree the soup for several minutes until creamy and the cashews have fully incorporated (alternatively, puree in a blender).
- Meanwhile, toast the bread slices and use small, star-shaped cutters to cut out star shapes. Chop the chives.
- Serve soup warm with star toasts and chopped chives.
You can read full recipes and instructions here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/simplest-tomato-soup-with-star-toasts/