This Superfood Salad is full of delicious superfoods: greens, beets, sweet potato, avocado, and wild rice. It’s a perfect healthy reset!
This healthy salad recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare (if the wild rice is already cooked — otherwise it’ll take around 45 minutes). And what’s great about this easy salad is that you can prep the ingredients in bulk and make this recipe throughout the week in under 10 minutes.
To make this superfood salad, you first need to prepare the wild rice according to package instructions (do this a day or so in advance, if possible). Then roast the diced sweet potato for around 25 minutes , or until tender. Remember: the smaller you dice the potato, the faster it will cook!
While the sweet potato roasts, prep the rest of the veggies — slice the radish, peel and slice the beet, grate the cucumber, slice an avocado, and chop the fresh cilantro. Once the potatoes are out of the oven, assemble the salad and top with a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (prepared in advance)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 raw beet
- 2 radishes
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful mixed greens
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- Prepare the wild rice in advance, according to the package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Dice 1 large sweet potato; place it in a bowl and mix with enough olive oil to coat, a sprinkle of kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the potatoes onto the sheet; roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the beet. Thinly slice 2 radishes. Peel and grate 1/4 cup cucumber. Slice 1/2 avocado. Chop 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- To serve, place the salad greens and spinach in a bowl. Arrange small piles of each vegetable and the rice. Drizzle with the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top with sunflower seeds or pepitas.
The timing below accounts for the wild rice being made in advance. Wild rice takes about 45 minutes to cook.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/superfood-salad/