These loaded tater tot nachos (totchos!) are tasty and vegan, featuring homemade tater tots. They’re perfect as a game day snack or plant-based dinner.
This is our healthier, whole food take on tater tot nachos. The tater tots are homemade, oven baked with a little olive oil to make them crispy. Instead of queso dip, are tater tot nachos are vegan using cashew cream. With some spiced black beans, mashed avocado, tomato, and cilantro, the toppings are clean eating but incredibly flavorful. I can’t quite remember the exact tater tot nachos of our Montana vacation, but looking back these taste extraordinarily close. We like to eat them as a main dish, but they’d also be perfect for a gameday snack or appetizer.
These tater tot nachos are a bit of project. They take about 1 hour to put together, much of the time consumed with baking your own tater tots. But why not jump in to an adventure, right? Adventures take us out of our comfort zone (like traveling with a baby), but in the end they are always worth it. Venturing out of your comfort zone provides space to experience new views, new flavors, and learn more about yourself and the world. For us, every time we take the plunge into an adventure instead of playing it safe, we’re glad we did. Even if it involves changing diapers in a cramped airplane bathroom.
- 1 recipe Homemade Tater Tots
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 avocado
- Cashew cream (or sour cream), for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Make the tater tots.
- Drain and rinse the beans. In a small bowl, mix them with the olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, and kosher salt.
- Seed and dice the tomato. Mince the red onion. Remove the avocado pit, and mash it in a small bowl with a few pinches of kosher salt.
- To serve, place the tater tots on a plate. Top with black beans, tomato, red onion, dollops of avocado and cashew cream, and torn cilantro.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/loaded-tater-tot-nachos/